For future trade relations, an agreement was signed between European Union and government of United Kingdom on December 24, 2020. United Kingdom is not a part of EU single market and custom unions, from 1st January 2021, for European customers there were changes in duty charges, handling of fees, and VAT.
According to Custom paperwork, they will have their own rules while shipping the goods in the country. The restrictions will be applied on the goods that are coming from outside the EU countries.
Answers to the most frequently asked questions are given below this will provide a better understanding for you in understanding the future of international shipments.
Will I be charged with customs duties/VAT?
- Yes, there have been adjustments in VAT, duty charges, and handling fees for our European clients as a result of Brexit.
- According to current EU regulations, import taxes will be imposed on goods worth more than €150, and VAT will be applied on goods worth more than €22 upon arrival at the destination.
- We have eliminated the 20% UK VAT from all of our pricing, which should compensate the VAT imposed in your destination location. As a result, you are not being charged twice for VAT.
- Please keep in mind that these regulations are set to change in July 2021.
Are there any additional fees?
In addition to taxes and VAT, the courier will charge you handling fees. The handling costs vary by country and are mentioned below. They are determined by the destination country, and we have no influence over them in the UK.
Are there any regulations in my country?
- Before placing your order, please contact your local customs office to obtain all current and necessary information on importing goods (including the maximum number of cosmetics permitted and business or personal use permits where applicable).
- According to our knowledge, the following nations have particular limitations on cosmetics entering the target country.
- Spain (no items permitted for private individuals) Spain (no items permitted for private individuals)
- Italy (limit of four goods, no more than two of each item)
- Portugal (private use only)
- Greece (maximum of three items)
- You must comply with all applicable rules and regulations of the nation to which the products are headed. If you violate any of these laws, we will not be held liable or responsible.
- Failure on your side to comprehend the limits in your nation will result in the return of your packages to us. In such circumstances, we will reimburse just the product costs (no shipping expenses will be refunded), and you may be responsible for return shipping fees.
How will taxes and duties be collected?
- Where applicable, DHL will contact you prior to delivery to collect import VAT (and customs duty) from you, as well as a handling fee. You should receive an email and text with a link to pay these charges.
- Failure to do so will result in the shipment being returned to us. In such cases, we will refund the costs of products only (shipping charges will not be refunded).
- Please ensure that we have your proper email address and phone number at the time of order to minimize delays.
- You are reminded that taxes and tariffs are the customer’s responsibility, and we have no control over them and cannot anticipate their amount because they vary by country.
What types of delivery services will be offered?
- We provide DHL economy (3-10 business days) and DHL express services to EU locations (2-5 businesses days).
- DHL economy (road shipment) to Europe is our least priced choice, although it takes somewhat longer than DHL express.
- In the present environment, DHL express (air shipment) is the quickest option to send our items to you.
- For non-EU destinations, we exclusively provide DHL express (5-7 business days).
- Delivery timeframes are subject to customer clearance, and we will not be held accountable if these times are not met.
- Please be advised that certain packages may take longer to arrive owing to the continued impact of Covid-19 and the implications of Brexit at the ports.
How much will be shipping cost?
Delivery fees are computed at the checkout and are dependent on weight, location, and the services chosen.
Is the delivery cost inclusive of duty, VAT, and handling fees?
No, all prices are excluding of duty, VAT, and handling fees.
All information is up to code of publication and is subject to change. If you have any questions, please contact here.